Strategic Plan (2012-2016)
Remaining a specialized and independent organization, expanding our range of programs and services, adding satellite offices and, most recently, building our new headquarters in University Circle are all accomplishments resulting from previous strategic plans of the Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center.
A strategic plan is an organization's road map, or in today's terminology, its GPS. Consistent with its long and successful history of implementing strategic plans, CHSC's board of directors recently adopted the latest plan that will guide our unique organization's use of its resources through the end of 2016.
Chaired by Michael Goler, ten members of the board of directors led the planning effort. Additional input was provided by CHSC's management team and community representatives through focus groups and interviews. Dr. Marcy Shankman was the consultant and facilitator of the nine-month process.
Factoring in all input provided, the planning committee adopted CHSC's new mission statement: "CHSC is the premier provider of hearing, speech-language and deafness services, education and advocacy, helping people connect through communication."
CHSC's ultimate goal is well-reflected in our new vision statement: "Our vision is a community where every individual communicates effectively."
The mission and vision are supported by these core values: client-centered, innovative, excellence, integrity, fiscal responsibility and environmental sustainability.
Guided by all participants, inputs and feedback, six strategic initiatives were developed, wherein Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center will:
- Provide services and programs that are broadly accessible, state-of-the-art and outcome-focused
- Attract, retain and develop the best talent to ensure the continued success of the agency
- Continue to aggressively pursue the development and innovative use of technology to improve services and operations
- Enhance its financial strength by diversifying its revenue model and pursuing additional products and markets
- Advocate aggressively for its constituents to raise awareness among the community and policymakers
- Continue to develop a comprehensive program of philanthropy
Seventeen goals will support these initiatives to bring them to realization.
CHSC is grateful to the O'Neill and Cleveland Foundations, which provided essential grant support to make our newest strategic plan possible.
CHSC Strategic Plan 2012-2016
*Our website contains numerous PDF documents. You will need a copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or download these documents. Please visit the Adobe Download Center to download and install the latest version.