Freelance Community American Sign Language Interpreter
Purpose of Job:
Provides sign language interpreting services to individuals throughout Northern Ohio who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing ensuring adherence to the Interpreter’s Code of Ethics.
The ideal candidate is fluent in American Sign Language and has experience working in community settings. Skills required include:
- Two to five years of work experience in a professional environment
- Excellent communication skills along with the ability to work in a variety of settings with diverse communication needs and preferences
- Certification as appropriate to career path:
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID)
- National Interpreter Certification (NIC)
- Certification of Interpretation (CI)
- Certificate of Transliteration (CT)
- Must have reliable transportation for assignments in the following counties:
- Other Northern Ohio counties
Job Types: Independent Contractor; Flexible schedule
If you would like to join our talented team, please send your cover letter and resume to Timothy Thomas, Director of Interpreting, at email@example.com.